At COVID-19 Alert Level 4, our services are operating under some restrictions. On-line applications are still being processed however applications by post and courier may take longer to be processed. Licence cards will still be printed and posted.
For current guidance on what is appropriate activity within the industry refer to:
- Government’s COVID-19 website(external link)
- MBIE’s building performance website(external link)
- Please refer to the Aspeq website for current EWRB examination availability(external link)
On this page:
If you’re unable to access your RealMe, here are a few tips that may help:
- If you don’t know the RealMe username you used last time, you can click “Forgot Username” on the RealMe login page.
- If you know the RealMe username but not the password, you can click “Forgot Password” on the RealMe login page.
- Our system will be linked to the last RealMe you logged in with. You should not create a new RealMe every time you log in if possible.
- If you are being asked to enter an activation code, the system is trying to link up with a new RealMe. If this is the case, try to log in with the RealMe you used last time you logged in.
- If you’re still having issues accessing your account, contact us or the RealMe helpdesk.
As normal regulatory processes still apply, you should submit your renewals as normal via online services for automatic processing.
To complete an application, fees must be paid at the same time. If you have concerns about your business and cash flow, the government has information about financial support packages.
You will need a current competence programme to renew your licence, which is valid for 2 years. However, if you are close to your licence renewal date and haven’t completed a competence programme in the past 2 years, please contact us. When you contact us you must provide evidence of what you have done to try and complete a competence programme. Eg: email communications with the course provider. You will need to explain why a competence programme was not completed earlier and what other steps you have taken. We will consider what relief can be provided on a case-by-case basis and we will advise the steps you should take to complete your relicensing as appropriate.