Expressions of interest for two new Electrical Workers Registration Board (EWRB) members
On behalf of the Minister for Building and Construction, the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is seeking expressions of interest for two new Electrical Workers Registration Board (EWRB) members.
Two candidates are being sought. Both positions are for registered persons. Members for the role will, in addition to being registered, ideally have:
- a licence in one or more classes of registration
- a thorough knowledge of the Electricity Act 1992, the Electrical (Safety) Regulations 2010 and the related New Zealand Standards and Codes of Practice
- broad involvement or engagement across the electrical industry as a contractor and/or electrical worker
- regulatory governance experience or experience of working in a regulatory environment
- an understanding of public accountability and the relationship between the Government and an occupational licensing board, and
- the ability to work effectively within a team.
Please note this is a contestable process and applications will be assessed according to the skills and experience the EWRB requires at this particular time.
Further information about the roles and how to apply is available on the MBIE website
To enquire about the position, please email Wayne Church.
Applications close 14 September 2018 at 5pm.
NB: The Government has set the target of ensuring half of all directors on state sector boards and committees are women by 2021.