Certifications (WOEFs and EWOFs)
Information on how to use the Electrical Certificate of Compliances (COCs), Electrical Safety Certificate (ESCs), and other Board certification documents.
How to use the form
The Electrical Certificate of Compliance and Electrical Safety Certificate forms are only available online. They can be completed and saved on your computer or tablet.
- Click on the name of the form you require in the list below to open it
- Tab through the fields and enter information using your keyboard
- When you save this form your additions will also be saved
Note: You need Adobe Acrobat Reader(external link) installed on your computer to use these forms.
You can protect your PDF certificates from further change by setting editing permissions to none when creating a document permissions password. Note that a document open password is not required / helpful under normal circumstances.
You need additional software to protect PDF documents. There are a variety of websites, free software and licensed applications capable of locking a PDF document. Talk to your IT adviser if you need assistance.
New WOEF stickers
What you need to know
We are now supplying a new (multiyear) model WOEF sticker that will replace the current single year expiry model, similar to the way motor vehicle warrants work.
Reasons for change
To provide a WorkSafe approved sticker that is compliant convenient, cost effective and to stop issues associated with:
- Lack of supply towards the end of any given year due to unexpected purchaser demand
- Purchasers overordering stickers they cannot use because the year date has expired
What has changed
- The use of the authentication mark (same as what is required on a certificate of compliance)
- The use of 4 consecutive year dates
- The form has now been updated to include “Pleasure Vessel” and “Mobile Medical Facility”
How to use the new sticker.
- The issuer should use an appropriate hole punch to clip the year and date of expiry.
- The back of the sticker should contain the appropriate information written in a fine tipped indelible pen.
When the new stickers are available
28 November 2022
The process to order the WOEF has not changed, access is gained through EWRB online portal, then by selecting “Go to the Print Portal”.
Use the links below to download a certification form.
Electrical certificate of compliance and electrical safety certificate
Use this form when certifying installations or part installations under Part 1 or Part 2 of AS/NZS 3000.
Electrical safety certificate (A4)
Use this form when certifying prescribed electrical work under Section 74A of the Electrical (Safety) Regulations 2010.
Record of inspection (ROI) of high-risk prescribed electrical work
Use the form when certifying high risk prescribed electrical work under part 6A(2) of the Electrical (Safety) Regulations 2010.
Certificate of Verification
Use this form when verifying an installation that has been disconnected for more than 6 months, or when an inspector verifies PEW in accordance with AS/NZS 3019.
Store your certification forms
Certification forms can no longer be stored within your practitioner portal.
Any certification forms that were uploaded prior to the system changeover on the 19th October are still stored on your file.
The responsible person must retain a copy, whether in hard copy or electronically, of every certificate of compliance for at least 7 years.
Equipment compliance certificates
Equipment compliance certificates are available from the online store only in books of 50. They are for use in voluntary compliance scenarios. These self-adhesive certificates are credit card sized and can be affixed to the equipment item.
The print portal is available within the EW Portal.