EWRB web banner 784x314

Sort the cowboys from the pros

Sort the cowboys from the pros

Before you hire an electrician, plumber, builder or any other tradesperson, you need to check they are licensed and registered to do the work at hand. If they aren’t you may not be insured for damage caused by poor workmanship, and the work may also be illegal.

Can I do the job myself?

It is always advisable to use a licensed electrical worker. There are some very limited exceptions for low-risk electrical work which are set out on Energy Safety’s website at what electrical work can I do?

For more information on what work you can do yourself, and a checklist to help you before you hire a tradesperson go to the Consumer Protection website

How can I find a registered tradesperson?

If you are looking for a licensed electrical worker search the register here.

If you are looking for a licensed building practitioner, search the register here

If you are looking for a licensed plumber, gasfitter or drainlayer search the register at the PGDB website.

Supported by

ewrb logo

licensed building practitioner logo

consumer protection logo
mbie logo