Recognition of Eire's qualifications and experience. Find out how the electrician registration compares in Eire's to New Zealand.
National craft certificate
This certificate is issued by FAS (An Foras Aiseanna) the Training and Employment Authority and is evidence that an apprenticeship has been successfully completed. It must be endorsed with the word electrician.
Certificates, also endorsed with the word electrician, and issued by the predecessor to FAS - AnCO (An Chomhairle Oiliuna) are also acceptable.
2. Equivalence to New Zealand requirements
- Exempts the holder from the 3rd stage theory examination requirements.
- Is evidence of the completion of 4 years work experience that has incorporated the skills in paragraph 1(2) of Clause 1 of Schedule 1 of the Electricity Regulations 1997.
3. Registration requirements
The holder of this certificate must:
- Pass the 3rd stage practical assessment or examination.
- Pass the regulations examination.
- Pass the 3rd stage theory examination, where the apprenticeship was completed before 1 September 1976 and a Department of Education Junior Trade Certificate cannot be produced.
- Complete the safety instruction requirements of Clause 3 of Schedule 1 of the Electricity Regulations 1997.