Recognition of Japan's qualifications and experience. Find out how the electrician registration compares in Japan to New Zealand.
First Grade Certified Skilled Workers
This certificate, issued by the Ministry of Labour, is evidence of the successful completion of the first grade skill test under the Vocational Law No. 54 of 18 July 1969, Chapter 5. It must be endorsed with the words den-ko.
2. Equivalence to New Zealand Requirements
This certificate exempts the holder from the 3rd stage theory examination requirements.
3. Registration Requirements
The holder of this certificate must:
- Pass the 3rd stage practical assessment or examination.
- Pass the regulations examination.
- Have documents that together with the First Grade Certified Skilled Workers show, at least, 4 years work experience on (the equivalent of) prescribed electrical work that has incorporated the skills in paragraph 1(2) of Clause 1 of Schedule 1 of the Electricity Regulations 1997. The experience can include the period of training in:
- Public Vocational Training Facilities.
- Vocational training facilities recognised under Chapter 3 of the Vocational Law No. 54 of 18 July 1969.