Zhai  EWRB CE22212 Upheld Decision
- Complaint number: CE22212
- EWRB number: EW139246
- Region: Auckland
- Registration class: Electrical Engineer
- Decision date: 29 June 2020
- Penalty: 147M(1)(b)(ii) - Suspension of registration or practising licence or provisional licence (until something in subsection 2 is complete) 147N - Cost 147Z - Publication
- Disciplinary grounds: Section 143(a)(ii) - Contrary to enactment Section 143(b)(ii) - Serious harm carrying out PEW Section 143(f) - Failed to provide / false return Section 143(a)(i) - Negligence / Incompetence - not upheld Section 143(b)(i) - Serious harm using faulty or improper fittings - not upheld
- Summary: The Board found the Respondent negligently created a risk of serious harm to any person, or risk of significant property damage as well as carried out prescribed electrical work in a manner contrary to any enactment relating to prescribed electrical work that was in force at the time the work was done.
Download full reportPDF (351 KB)
The Respondent also provided a false or misleading return. The Board ordered the Respondent’s licence is to be suspended until such time as he
- Completes, all of the year three on job units mandated by Skills,
- successful completes the Stage 1,2 and 3 Practical Assessment Course and passes the Board’s Stage 1,2 and 3 Practical Assessments
- complete the Regulations Course and pass the Board’s Regulations Exam.
The Board also ordered costs of $1,000 and publication of the matter in the Electron and through a media release.
The Respondent appealed the decision. The appeal was dismissed by the Auckland District Court.