At COVID-19 Alert Level 1, our services are operating normally.
While things return to normal in many respects, please ensure you stay vigilant and follow official advice. Refer to the Government’s COVID-19 website(external link) and MBIE’s building performance website(external link) for current guidance.
On this page
Accessing your online account (RealMe)
If you’re unable to access your RealMe, here are a few tips that may help:
- If you don’t know the RealMe username you used last time, you can click “Forgot Username” on the RealMe login page.
- If you know the RealMe username but not the password, you can click “Forgot Password” on the RealMe login page.
- Our system will be linked to the last RealMe you logged in with. You should not create a new RealMe every time you log in if possible.
- If you are being asked to enter an activation code, the system is trying to link up with a new RealMe. If this is the case, try to log in with the RealMe you used last time you logged in.
- If you’re still having issues accessing your account, contact us or the RealMe helpdesk.(external link)
As normal regulatory processes apply, you should submit your renewals as normal via online services for automatic processing.
To complete an application, fees must be paid at the same time. If you have concerns about your business and cash flow, the government has information about financial support packages on the COVID-19 website(external link) and the Business.govt.nz website(external link).
You will need a current competence programme to renew your licence, which are valid for two years. However, if you are close to your licence renewal date and haven’t completed a competence programme in the past two years, please contact us. You will need to explain why a competence programme was not completed earlier and what other steps you have taken. We will consider what relief can be provided on a case by case basis and will advise you of steps to complete your relicensing as appropriate.